Monday, July 18, 2011

Character Interview: Rocky

Character interview: Roxanne “Rocky” Miccuci

1. What is it like being Kate's best friend?
It’s funny, because people think we’re like, total opposites. We’re not. I’m into music the way Kate’s into science. We both get really obsessive about things, and it’s nice to have somebody who understands that kind of commitment. So she doesn’t flip out if I say I can’t do something because I’ve got voice lessons, but she’ll force me to get out and have fun if I start getting too obsessive, and I do the same thing for her.

I think the one thing we don’t agree on is parties. I love them, but they make her hyperventilate. I don’t suppose the zombie thing really helped with that either, darn it.

2. How did you and Kate become friends?
We were in the same third grade class, and we both really sucked at sports. And when I say sucked, I really mean it. I tried to learn to do headers in soccer and ended up taking a ball to the face. So we always got stuck way in the outfield during kickball and stuff, and we bonded over it. We might have sucked, but we sucked TOGETHER. And we’ve been friends ever since.

3. What was it like being in the middle of a zombie outbreak?
Honestly? I didn’t really believe in the whole zombie thing until I saw them with my own eyes, and by then, it was pretty much all over. I thought Kate was playing one of her jokes. She has a really twisted sense of humor. One time, she convinced her younger brother that he’d contracted elephantiasis and was going to need a wheelbarrow to carry around his…uh…boy bits. I’m still laughing about that one.

But anyway, back to the question. I was really just humoring her until the zombie attack in the gym. And then I was in shock. I totally flipped out afterwards, and it wasn’t pretty.

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
This might sound kind of weird, but I like the Fourth of July. My family always goes to the beach, and we have a big cookout on the beach and blow things up. I have some secret pyromaniacal tendencies. I like to blow things up.

I guess they’re not all that secret any more, are they?

5. If you could be any person living or dead for a day, who would it be and why?
I’d be Britney Spears. Please don’t hate me.

Here’s the thing—if I was Britney, then I could be as cracked out crazy as I wanted, and no one would bat an eye. I could go run around a fountain in my underwear and start belting out show tunes, and people would be all, “Oh, it’s just Britney in the fountain again.” Don’t you think that would be fun? And after I was done, I’d get to go lay down a track with some of the best producers in the business. I’d probably have to change out of the wet clothes first, though.

Thanks for interviewing me! XOXO - Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment