Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review: Soul Stalker (Timeless #2) by Laura Kreitzer

Synopsis:
Being the Illuminator is not all happiness and light, especially when everyone thinks you are dead. When Gabriella decides to finally let her angels know that she is alive, Joseph and an unexpected friend help her. The Darkness Illuminator is not as in control of her power as she believes, which makes for a very comedic and endearing relationship that blooms between the three. A fender-bender debacle, a run-in with the cops, and a hiccup at the airport seem to all be worth it until Gabriella finds out her plan has backfired.

The three angels are missing, more mysteries pile up, and a new evil is brewing--so terrifying, in fact, that even the Soul Stalker herself is cowering in fear. Our heroine begins a jarring, romance-filled, heart-breaking journey that will lead her back to Italy, and ultimately to the answers she is desperately searching for. What will she do when they aren't the answers she expected? What happens when she unveils a truth, so deeply hidden, that it causes an angelic war?



Review:
Soul Stalker is a wonderful addition to the Timeless series. It is full of action and adventure. I could not put this book down! It is just that awesome. I loved that I never knew what was going to happen next because there were so many twists and turns. The book is fast-paced and most definitely thrilling and exciting. Of course, it is also entertaining.

I also love the characters because they are amazing and lovable. Gabriella is a strong heroine who has a great sense of humor with some sarcasm thrown in. What she says and does had me laughing many times throughout the book. I love Joseph in this book more than the first one because he has become the best friend every girl dreams of having. He is there for Gabriella when she needs him even though it can be considered too dangerous for a human. Some of my favorite scenes involved Gabriella and Joseph's bantering. Those two together are just too great for words.The only thing I did not like about this book was that Andrew was not in it that much. I can honestly say that I missed him.

Gabriella changes a lot in this book. She comes back after dying the the first book, Shadow of the Sun (you can read my review of Shadow of the Sun here). It is no surprise that her death ends up changing her in many ways. She is still determined to Illuminate the Shadows, but she has the Soul Stalker to watch out for. The ending has me a bit worried about Gabriella, so I must read the next book when it is released to find out how she deals with her changes.

If you have not read Shadow of the Sun, I definitely recommend that you do so that you can read Soul Stalker! This story is amazing. Laura Kreitzer has created an epic world where the supernatural is possible. I am positive you will fall in love with the characters just like I have. I am excited to see where Laura Kreitzer takes the story in the next book because I NEED to know what happens next. In fact, I cannot wait to read the next book!

Rating: 4/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment