Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review: Mistwood by Leah Cypess

6768411Synopsis:
The Shifter is an immortal creature bound by an ancient spell to protect the kings of Samorna. When the realm is peaceful, she retreats to the Mistwod.

But when she is needed she always comes.

Isabel remembers nothing. Nothing before the prince rode into her forest to take her back to the castle. Nothing about who she is supposed to be, or the powers she is supposed to have.

Prince Rokan needs Isabel to be his Shifter. He needs her ability to shift to animal form, to wind, to mist. He needs her lethal speed and superhuman strength. And he needs her loyalty—because without it, she may be his greatest threat.

Isabel knows that her prince is lying to her, but she can't help wanting to protect him from the dangers and intrigues of the court . . . until a deadly truth shatters the bond between them.

Now Isabel faces a choice that threatens her loyalty, her heart . . . and everything she thought she knew.

Review:
Mistwood is the story about a Shifter named Isabel who in under a spell to protect the Samorna Kings. Leah Cypess does a wonderful job with this story. It is original, unpredictable, unexpected and I absolutely loved it. I cannot believe it took me so long to pick it up off of my shelf!

The characters are wonderfully written. Isabel is fierce. She will protect "her king" at any cost. Unfortunately, after being in the Mistwoods for so long, she is having trouble shifting when she is back in the castle. She has no idea what is causing it since she has little to no memory of her past. Throughout the book, Isabel discovers secrets about her past that certain people have kept from her. She is weary of Roken, the current king, but she will protect him because that is her job.

 Roken is one of my favorite characters even though he kept some things from Isabel. As he gets to know Isabel, he starts to confide in her and trust her. 

Kaer claims to be the rightful king, but I did not like him at all. He is arrogant, pushy, and mistrusts Isabel.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes this genre. It was a quick read that had me on the edge of my seat. I could not put it down because I HAD to know what happened next. Leah Cypess has made me a fan of her writing. I look forward to reading more of her work.

Rating: 4.5/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment