Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires #5) by Rachel Caine

3558003Synopsis:
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.

Review:
It has been a while since I picked up a book in the Morganville Vampires series, and I cannot believe it took me so long! First off, I LOVE the miniature recap in the beginning. It helped to refresh my memory of what happened in the previous book.

Myrnin is still one of my favorite characters even though he seems more crazy than ever. He is as weird and quirky as ever. I really hope a cure is found for this vampire illness because many more vampires are already showing signs of it.

Claire had to make some tough decisions in this book. I love how Claire continues to develop in each book. As always, this book ended on a cliffhanger.

Rachel Caine has successfully kept me hooked so far! I look forward to reading the next book in the series. These books continue to be thrilling, entertaining and a quick read. I recommend this series to everyone!

Rating: 4/5 

Books in the Morganville Vampires series:
  1. Glass Houses
  2. The Dead Girls' Dance
  3. Midnight Alley
  4. Feast of Fools
  5. Lord of Misrule
  6. Carpe Corpus
  7. Fade Out
  8. Kiss of Death
  9. Ghost Town

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment