Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (12)




The Book Blogger Hop is here! It is hosted by Crazy For Books, and here is how it works for those that do not know:


ABOUT THE HOP: This is a weekly event, hosted here, where book bloggers and readers can connect to find new blogs to read. It's a great way to network with other bloggers and make new friends! In the spirit of the Friday Follow, I thought it would be cool to do a Book Blogger Hop to give us all bookies a chance to connect and find new blogs that we may be missing out on! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start Hopping!! Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews. If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!
This week's question is:

"How do you spread the word about your blog?
(e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)"

I think twitter is my main outlet. I always tweet my new posts. I also comment on other blogs especially during memes like Teaser Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, In My Mailbox, and Book Blogger Hop of course!

If you are participating or you found me through the Hop, please leave me a comment. Have a fun Book Blogger Hop Friday!


Swords are for fighting,

11 comments:

  1. Just hopping through your blog! Love what I have seen so far can't wait to see more! I haven't gotten into Twitter yet... but everyone seems to be on it! I may have to give in one of these days :) I'm a new follower, check out my blog and follow back if you like!
    Pris
    www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I'm hopping by from the Blog Hop!

    I'm a new follower!

    I agree about twitter!

    Happy Reading!

    - Mevurah

    http://theheartofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from the Hop!

    I use Twitter, too, but not for every blog post. I usually tweet about my new reviews, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower! I agree with using Twitter and the memes. They have been my biggest success so far. I've only been doing this for just over a month though! I love meeting new people and seeing what is going on in their world! So much fun!

    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I mostly focus my promotion on Twitter as well, just because it's SO easy to Tweet the post link!

    And I see you're another SwagBucks aficionado! :D I really like that site-- I've just ordered my third $5 Amazon gift card. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I'm a new follower hopping over from the blog hop. I'm glad to have stumbled across your blog, it looks like heaps of fun! Keep up the good work and I'll be following you around your reading adventures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. found you through the hop. . . and man, everyone is on twitter! i feel like an old fogey becuase i have no idea how twitter works! i use google and wordpress tag surfer to find posts about books and authors i like, then comment on posts and sometimes ad the blog to my google readers.

    it's like a rieces, there's no wrong way to market your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I'm a new follower. I use Twitter but I think the Hops and commenting are the best publicity.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just hoppin' on by! <3

    I'm a new book blogger, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I try to tweet, but I feel like my attempts are so transparent that people KNOW I'm trying to network.

    So mostly I just visit other blogs and comment on their reviews or content, and I end up making friends that way. :D

    Btw, I'm a college student too -- how do you find the TIME to blog? :S I'm always struggling with studying for exams and doing homework. :(

    My hop :3
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really at a loss for when to start and stop tweeting, lol. I've always felt that too much tweeting was a bad thing, but maybe I haven't been tweeting enough. I certainly don't tweet daily. You guys have all really given me something to think about concerning Twitter.

    Check out my Blog Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First-time visitor....hope you are having fun on the blog hop this weekend.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete