Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (31)...



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.





This week's Waiting on Wednesday pick is: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Publication Date: February 1, 2011

Synopsis:

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena doe
s the unthinkable: She falls in love.


This book sounds really interesting. I absolutely loved Lauren Oliver's first book, Before I Fall. (You can read my review of Before I Fall here.) Her writing is amazing, so I am excited to read her new book.

If you have a Waiting On Wednesday pick, let me know! I am always looking for more books to read.

Swords are for fighting,

7 comments:

  1. I am eagerly awaiting this one as well. It reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind kinda.


    Check out my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved before I fall by Lauren Oliver, this one is probably going to be really great too. Awesome pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I Fall is on my wishlist so this book has just got to join it! Thanks for a great WoW pick.

    This is what I'm Waiting On this week. J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is such a cool concept. I'm looking forward to it as well.
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this one! And the view on love. Serious subject matter, but it does make me lol a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this one in the mail, can't wait to start it! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely going to read this too, because like you, I also really liked her first novel. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete