Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review: Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires #3) by Rachel Caine

Synopsis:
Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.

Review:
Midnight Alley was a great addition to the Morganville Vampires Series. I felt that Claire has definitely grown since the last book. She is not as shy as she used to be, which I love. She is still super smart when it comes to school, but she stands up for herself more in this book. She does have more on her plate now since she signed herself to Amelie, and she is definitely paying for that decision. Speaking of Amelie, I liked that she was in this book more. It was interesting getting to know her a little bit.

My favorite character in this book is Myrnin. Sure, he is quirky as far as vampires go, and he is definitely crazy, but there is just something about him that I really like. I hope a cure is found for him because it would be sad to see him go.

Michael and Shane fight a lot in this book because Shane is having a hard time accepting Michael as a vampire. In my opinion, Shane just needs to get over it.

Midnight Alley was a fun book. I loved every minute of reading its action packed greatness. Rachel Caine is a talented writer, and I definitely enjoy her vampires. The Morganville Vampires is probably my favorite series at the moment, so I am looking forward to reading the rest of it!

Rating: 4/5

Books in the Morganville Vampires series:
  1. Glass Houses
  2. The Dead Girls' Dance
  3. Midnight Alley
  4. Feast of Fools
  5. Lord of Misrule
  6. Carpe Corpus
  7. Fade Out
  8. Kiss of Death
  9. Ghost Town

Swords are for fighting,

1 comment:

  1. I really need to start this series. I actually bought them after reading a short story set in the world, so I have no excuse :)

    ReplyDelete