Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (49)...


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.



This week's Waiting on Wednesday pick is: Memento Nora by Angie Smibert

Publication Date: April 1, 2011 (Yes, it already came out, but I still don't have it!)

Synopsis:
Nora, the popular girl and happy consumer, witnesses a horrific bombing on a shopping trip with her mother. In Nora’s near-future world, terrorism is so commonplace that she can pop one little white pill to forget and go on like nothing ever happened. However, when Nora makes her first trip to a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic, she learns what her mother, a frequent forgetter, has been frequently forgetting. Nora secretly spits out the pill and holds on to her memories. The memory of the bombing as well as her mother’s secret and her budding awareness of the world outside her little clique make it increasingly difficult for Nora to cope. She turns to two new friends, each with their own reasons to remember, and together they share their experiences with their classmates through an underground comic. They soon learn, though, they can’t get away with remembering.


This book sounds awesome, right?

Swords are for fighting,

3 comments:

  1. I've read this and I loved it! :)
    I hope you get your hands on a copy soon!

    Here's my waiting on wednesday post - http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-between-by-cyndi.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I want this one too. Now that's it's out I will have to see of I can get a copy.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds awesome! I am really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete