Thursday, November 4, 2010

Review: Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires #4) by Rachel Caine

Synopsis:
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.

Review:
This series is just so addicting! I love every minute of these books so far. The story is so much fun.

Feast of Fools is a turning point for Michael because you get to see his vampire side more than ever. He does try to hide it, but he is put into situations where he has no choice but to embrace it.

Myrnin is still my favorite character. I just love his quirkiness. He may be crazy with a deteriorating mind, but he is still awesome. I honestly hope he will be okay in the end.

The new vampires in time are terrifying. Bishop is the most evil vampire in the series so far. Ysandre is probably the most annoying vampire/character in the series so far. She seriously gets on my nerves. I hate how she treats Shane and how she thinks she can do whatever she wants which is probably true.

Shane is a sweetheart. I loved reading about his date with Claire. It was definitely cute.

Claire is probably smarter and stronger than ever. I feel she has grown throughout the series in a great way. She can stand up for herself and is probably the most non-judgmental character. I love how she supports Michael, loves Shane, and tries to save Myrnin and all of the other 'good' vampires. I am curious how she forced Ysandre out of the house. Does she have some sort of power or was it the house?

The ending was exciting! I am looking forward to reading the next book, Lord of Misrule, to see what happens next. I definitely love these books. If you have not read this series, I suggest that you do.

Rating: 4/5

Books in the Morganville Vampires series:
  1. Glass Houses
  2. The Dead Girls' Dance
  3. Midnight Alley
  4. Feast of Fools
  5. Lord of Misrule
  6. Carpe Corpus
  7. Fade Out
  8. Kiss of Death
  9. Ghost Town

Swords are for fighting,

1 comment:

  1. This series sounds like a fun read and I am glad you're enjoying it :) Great review!

    oodles of books.

    ReplyDelete