Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge #5- Obstacles

I am a little behind on the Spring Break Reading Challenge, but better late than never!
Spring Break Reading Challenge
Spring Break Reading Challenge #5

There are many things that prevent us from doing some of the things we want to. For instance, I really want to read this week, but we recently purchased a new Chihuahua puppy so a lot of my time is going to be focused on watching her to make sure she doesn't have "accidents" on the carpet. I've never crate trained or house trained a puppy before so I'm really nervous about it. I feel like I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk so I she doesn't "go" on the carpet.

For today's Activity, 1) create a blog post talking about the things that prevent you from getting things done. It could be reading, updating your blog, or anything else you try to do and 2) can you come up with a plan to get past your obstacle?




So many things keep me from getting things done that I want to get done. First, I am a full time student, so school is one of my top priorities. I would love to have more time to update my blog, but school usually gets in the way. Sometimes I blog when I shouldn't. For example, I have finals this week and I should be studying, but I am on here blogging anyways.

Another thing that prevents me from getting things done is the Internet. I seem to always find myself on Facebook, checking my email, checking blog updates, or playing a game online. I should be doing more important things.

Other times, life just gets in the way, which is completely understandable. I have a dog that needs my attention. I spend a good portion of my days in my car driving all over the place to get to my daily obligations. Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day.

I would love to have more time to read, update my blog, exercise, and other things. Since my ultimate plan of not sleeping ever is not an option, I think I will try to spend less time doing pointless things on the Internet. I think if I limit my time on the computer, I will have more time to do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment