Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret... Beautifully rendered, this first installment of Twilight: The Graphic Novel is a must-have for any collector’s library.




Review:
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 is a must have for any Twilight fan. The art in this book is absolutely amazing. Young Kim is obviously a very talented artist. Her pictures are beautiful, and I think she captured the characters perfectly.

The only downside to this book is the story. The graphic novel only covers about 1/3 of the book, and there is not really any action. Obviously, the whole book could not be put into one graphic novel, but it left me wanting more. Unless you are a huge Twilight fan (like me), I would suggest checking it out of your library before buying it. I, on the other hand, will definitely be picking up the next volume.


Rating:
Art: 5/5
Story: 3/5

Quick review for a quick read! It seriously only took me like half an hour to read the whole thing.

Swords are for fighting,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been meaning to check this one out. I like manga and Twilight, so I think I might need to get this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this SO bad. The art is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete