Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Synopsis:
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Review:
Paranormalcy was a fast and exciting read. It has plenty of action and the plot was original. Kiersten White is definitely a talented writer. The way she writes brought the story to life and made it fun to read. I could not put this book down.

The main character, Evie is an interesting person. I liked that she is a strong person who knows how to handle herself, but she also has a girly side that she is not afraid to show. I thought it was great that her favorite color is pink. Evie's friend and shape-shifter, Lend is amazing. I thought his personality was so adorable that I could not help but love him. Reth, a fairy and Evie's ex, is probably one of the creepiest characters I have ever read about. He pretty much thinks he owns Evie, and the things he does definitely gave me the chills.

I definitely enjoyed this book. It was fun to read. To sum it up, it was awesome. I found myself smiling many times throughout the book because of the witty writing. There were a few sad parts, but the ending more than makes up for them. I thought the ending was perfect, and I look forward to reading more of Kiersten White's books in the future.

Rating: 4.5/5

Swords are for fighting,

6 comments:

  1. I really liked this one too! I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it great?? Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a really enjoyable read for you. I'm not really into the paranormal, but your review makes me want to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must get around to reading this one, I'm hearing good things! Popping over from Read my Review, and I'm a new follower too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about this one! It's not released here until January, but I'm totally going to read it then!

    I'm stopping by via Read my Review at A Trillian Books. :)

    ReplyDelete