Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (28)...





Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.



This week's Waiting on Wednesday pick is: The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #3) by Carrie Ryan


Publication Date: March 22, 2011


Synopsis:
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister’s face when she and Elias left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the horde as they found their way to the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.

Annah’s world stopped that day and she’s been waiting for him to come home ever since. Without him, her life doesn’t feel much different from that of the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Then she meets Catcher and everything feels alive again.

Except, Catcher has his own secrets -- dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah’s longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it’s up to Annah -- can she continue to live in a world drenched in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return’s destruction?

I am definitely excited for this book! After the way the last book ended, I need to know what happens next.
Let me know what your WOW pick is.

Swords are for fighting,

9 comments:

  1. I am reading The Dead Tossed Waves right now!!!! I love this series! Dark and Hollow Places was one of my picks a few weeks ago! I'm hoping for an ARC! :)

    Taming the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY! I'm waiting for this one too :) I've read all of Carrie Ryan's stuff I can get my hands on!


    Check my pick out HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a good series! Thanks for participating in WoW...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read the first one yet! I need to hurry up and read it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still have to read the first one in this series, but I know I'll love it! Thanks for sharing this one


    New follower!



    Come check out my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D :D :D :D :D I can't wait for this book! I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth the other day and I'm already chomping at the bit to read the third? Ahaha, ridiculous. Anyway, I better read The Dark Tossed Waves before this one comes out :) I'm a new follower!

    See what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one either. I fell in love with Forest of Hands and Teeth almost as soon as I saw the cover, and I haven't been disappointed yet. (still needing to get Zombies vs Unicorns, so I can read her short story in there!)

    Check out my WOW here.

    Also while you are there, please check out my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete