Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: Betrayals (Strange Angels #2) by Lili St. Crow

Synopsis:
She’s no angel . . .
Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)

Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England School for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem— she’s the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .

Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?

Review:

I thought that Betrayals was better than the first book in the series, Strange Angels. The story was much more interesting with more action, violence, and mystery. Unlike the first book, Betrayals focuses more on vampires, dhampirs, and werwulfs rather than a wide array of supernatural creatures.

In this book, Dru has to deal with being the only girl in a boarding school of sorts. There are many problems that she has to face: from determining lies from truths and trying to figure out who she can trust to dealing with what she is becoming. I like Dru as a main character. I love sarcasm, and her sarcasm is spot on. I am looking forward to her "blooming" in the upcoming books. I hope it happens sooner than later because I want to know what she will be able to do. I expect a great deal of butt-kicking after the "blooming" happens!

Graves grows so much in this book! In Strange Angels, he got on my nerves at times, but I like him so much more now. He is not the same kid that constantly needs to be saved as he used to be. In fact, he becomes a man who is in charge, and I loved it. He can definitely stick up for himself and fight with the best of them now.

The ending was a cliffhanger, which I guess is to be expected with a series. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Jealousy. I cannot help but want to know what will happen!

Rating: 4/5

Books in the Strange Angels series:

  1. Strange Angels
  2. Betrayals
  3. Jealousy

Swords are for fighting,

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series. Just did a review of Jealousy - it was great so enjoy :)

    It's going to be a long long wait for the next instalment!

    Liberty x

    ReplyDelete