Thursday, August 19, 2010

Review: Dead Deep (Vampirates #1.5) by Justin Somper


Synopsis:
When Connor Tempest and his swashbuckling pirate buddies get a rare break in their duties, they're in the mood for fun, sun and adventure. A chance meeting with the crew of The Lorelei seems to offer all that and more. Soon, Connor and co are learning to freedive into the amazing world far beneath the ocean's surface. But the pirates are further out of their depth than they realise. Under the water, danger is lurking - and it's going to take everything they've got to get out alive...

Review:
Dead Deep is a short story that falls between Demons of the Ocean and Tide of Terror (the first and second book of the Vampirates series). I was excited to read this book because, like I said in my review of Blood Captain, I was always curious about Connor, Jez, and Bart's lost weekend. Since none of them could remember what happened, their matching tattoos are their only proof that anything actually happened. I was happy to discover what exactly happened. It is definitely a fun addition to the Vampirates world. I thought the story was cute. It filled with adventure, arm wrestling, sword fights, and mythical creatures. I enjoyed diving back into the world of Vampirates. It was a fun and fast read (at only 69 pages) that will hold me over until the fifth book, Empire of the Night, is released in the U.S. later this month.

Rating: 3.5/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment