Monday, November 15, 2010

Review: Aries Rising (Star Crossed #1) by Bonnie Hearn Hill

Synopsis:

ARIES RISING
Love is in the Stars!

When Logan McRae discovers a magical book called Fearless Astrology, all she wants is to change her sucky life. In order to get into the summer writing
camp of her dreams, she needs the recommendation of her stubborn and irritable English teacher Mr. Franklin. Logan also has her eye on Nathan, the hottest guy in class. Unfortunately, so does popular, beyond-gorgeous Geneva, editor of the high school paper.

Logan's two best friends, Chili and Paige, are always there to give her the advice she needs. But now that she has Fearless Astrology, Logan discovers a whole new way to overcome her dilemmas-while helping the three of them land the guys they're crushing on.

When the Gears, a group of boys, starts causing trouble in school and out, she decides to identify them using astrology. Her goal: to impress Mr. Franklin, Nathan, and the kids who believe she is faking her new found knowledge. The answers are in the stars, all right, but can Logan decipher them before it is too late?

Review:

This book surprised me! I honestly did not think I would like it as much as I did. I have never read anything with astrology as the main focus before. Before reading Aries Rising, I knew little to nothing about astrology. Sure, I knew my sign is Taurus, but I had no idea that that was just the beginning. I was surprised to discover that I enjoy astrology. I learned so many interesting tidbits about it thanks to this book.

I liked how the chapters were set up. Each chapter starts with a little passage from Fearless Astrology, Logan's go to astrology book that essentially changes her life. Then the chapter ends with a sort of journal entry from Logan. There is also a What's Your Sign section and Star-Crossed tattoos in the back, which I thought was kind of cool.

The story was so much fun to read. I thought it was so original that Logan used her astrology skills to better understand and snatch her crush, Nate. It was exciting to see her use her knowledge for her own good. I did not this book to have a mystery in it, so that was an added bonus. It was fun to guess who did it.

Aries Rising is definitely an inspiring book. I loved how Logan and her best friends grew into themselves throughout the book. Thanks to Fearless Astrology, they discovered the confidence they always had inside of themselves.

As you can probably tell, I really enjoyed this book. Aries Rising is like a good present. I did not know what to expect before opening it, but it was a great surprise! It was definitely a nice surprise. It was interesting, intriguing, original and full of mystery! I loved how it was written. It is definitely one of the most fun books I have read in a while. I think teenage girls will devour this book.

Rating: 4/5

Swords are for fighting,

1 comment: