Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge: 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do



Hannah from Word Lily is hosting this Bloggiesta challenge. Here are the rules:
  1. Read the post, 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do.
  2. Rate yourself (on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being muy excellente) on each point. How are you doing?
  3. Brainstorm examples of what you can/will do to improve your ratings in those areas that could use improvement. And/or:
  4. If you feel you’re doing particularly great in one area, share examples of how you’ve reached such excellence.
1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight:
I think I am pretty good on this point. I never expected to get where it is today. I started Swords for Fighting because I wanted a place to keep track of the books I read. It turned into so much more than that, though. I have always blogged for myself because I like to do it.
Rating: 5/5

2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers:
I try not to ignore my readers, but I know I can work on this. I do try to reply to every comment I get, but it is hard when my readers don't have an email I can respond to.
Rating: 3.5/5

3. You Must Not Scrape Another Bloggers Content:
I credit my sources, and I don't steal content from other bloggers. I am definitely good on this part.
Rating:5/5

4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: Many people think blogging is like setting up a shop at the road side and that all they need to do is wait for people to start finding them. Build and they will come, as the saying goes. This unfortunately is not true. Even if you have great content you’ll need to work your butt off getting people to visit your blog and read it.
I definitely need to promote more. One of the ways I am going to do this is by making a Facebook page for Swords for Fighting. I hope to have it up and running before Bloggiesta ends!
Rating: 2/5

5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger:
I try to be myself all the time.
Rating: 5/5

6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: You will see some bloggers telling you they want to be a problogger, only to leave their blog without updates for weeks. If you can’t commit to updating your blog regularly, why would you expect people to commit to reading it regularly?
I update almost everyday, so I have no problem here.
Rating: 5/5

7. You Must Not Ignore SEO:
I have no idea what SEO is, but I am going to learn all about it after this post!
Rating:1/5

8. You Must Not Ignore Networking:
I do a small amount of networking. I definitely need to do more.
Rating: 2/5


9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site:
I think Swords for Fighting is easy to read and navigate through. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can improve it, let me know!
Rating: 4/5

10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around:
I definitely don't attack other bloggers. I think people who do that are petty. I know it happens, but I don't understand it.
Rating:5/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment