Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn


Synopsis:

Talia fell under a spell. . . .
Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?

Review:
A Kiss In Time exceeded my expectations. I absolutely loved this retelling of Sleeping Beauty. It was exciting to read as the Sleeping Beauty, Talia, wakes up in the twenty first century thanks to a normal teenager. This book was completely entertaining. The banter between Jack and Talia was so funny at times. It was amusing to see Talia try to learn about this new world that she must now live in.

I liked that both Jack and Talia's point of views were given in alternating chapters. It was nice to see what each of them thought. I thought it was funny that they both started out essentially hating each other, but they grew to love each other. In fact, they actually changed each other for the better. Before kissing Talia, Jack was a typical lazy, teenage boy who only cared about partying, but he grew throughout the book. He realized he actually has a dream that he wants to pursue, and that he does not want to follow his parents' plans for him to become a businessman. Talia become a better person, too. Before, she was just a spoiled princess that got almost whatever she want, but she grew to be a nice person. I like that she lost her obnoxious nature and became a good person. I especially liked when Talia helped Jack's little sister, Meryl. Meryl was a quiet, self conscious girl that just hid in the shadows of her "friends," but Talia took the time to bring her out of her shell.

A Kiss In Time was a fun read. It was an exciting, fast-paced retelling of Sleeping Beauty. I actually like it better than Beastly, the other book I have read by Alex Flinn. I love the way Alex Flinn writes, and the stories she has come up with are great. I am definitely going to read her other books in the future.

Rating: 4/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment