Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: Shadow Days: A Nightshade Novella by Andrea Cremer

Review:
Shadow Days is a prequel to Nightshade. It takes place during the weeks leading up to where Nightshade begins, and it follows Shay Doran as he explores his new home, Rowan Estate. You can read it online for free here.

Shadow Days is definitely a fun book. I enjoyed exploring the Rowan Estate with Shay, and I especially enjoyed getting to know Shay better. It was exciting to learn more about Shay's background. In fact, Shadow Days has made me like him even more than I did while I read Nightshade. Shay is an amazing narrator, and I would love to read more of the story from his point of view. He felt real to me. Maybe that is because he has an actual facebook and website where you could interact with him.

If you have read Nightshade, you will definitely enjoy this novella. I would recommend reading Nightshade first or at least have it on hand because you will want to know what happens next after it ends. It is a short, quick read. Andrea Cremer is an amazing writer. I loved how she incorporated Facebook and Shay's blog into the story. I also liked how Andrea Cremer slipped in some references to other books like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. It was exciting to recognize books that I have read and love.

Rating: 4/5

Swords are for fighting,

2 comments: