Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Shadows of Myth and Legend by E.J. Stevens

Synopsis:
A collection of dark faerie tales inspired by folklore, myth and legend told in the haunting lyrical style of dark poet E.J. Stevens. Filled with poems about vampires, werewolves, and other paranormal creatures of the night.

Review:
Shadows of Myth and Legend by E.J. Stevens is a book of poetry. E.J. Stevens is definitely a talented poet. I enjoyed reading her dark poems. The book is separated into four sections: Earth & Below, Air & Spirit, Fire & War, and Water & Ice. I do not usually read poetry, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked these poems. They have a dark and Gothic feel with creatures such as zombies, vampires, werewolves, unicorns, elves, fairies, and more. E.J. Stevens covers many myths and legends in this book. I think anyone who likes poetry will enjoy this short book. Those (like me) who do not read poetry that often, but like dark myths will also enjoy this.

Rating: 4/5

Swords are for fighting,

No comments:

Post a Comment